We organize a series of thought leadership events on growth markets throughout the year. Abraaj Week is our cornerstone gathering, bringing together investors, partner companies, thought leaders, and policy makers alongside leaders of global businesses to debate the future of our markets.
As a leading private equity investor in growth markets, we have a highly developed perspective on the evolution of these markets and the opportunities and risks inherent in them.
Through the Abraaj Growth Markets Forum, the Impact Investing Forum and the Partner Company Day, we offer an opportunity for our guests to engage with a unique and diverse audience, to inform investment decisions, and to gain operational insights from CEOs of some of the fastest growing businesses.
Abraaj Week is timed to coincide with a major highlight on Dubai’s international calendar, Art Dubai, one of the world’s most globalized art fairs, attracting 25,000 visitors, 92 galleries from 40 countries and over 500 artists every year. As the Lead Partner of the fair, and a supporter of entrepreneurial and cultural ecosystems in growth markets, we anchor our gathering around this important event, and unveil the Annual Abraaj Art Prize during the week.
Past attendees include the world’s leading investors, global political figures, Nobel laureates, media personalities, influential decision makers and renowned entrepreneurs.
Past speakers include:
- H.E. Ali Babacan, Member of Parliament and Former Deputy Prime Minister of Turkey
- Anshu Jain, President, Cantor Fitzgerald
- David Ignatius, Journalist, The Washington Post
- Diana Noble, Chief Executive Officer, CDC
- Felipe Larrain, Former Minister of Finance, Chile
- Howard Davies, Chairman, Royal Bank of Scotland
- HRH Prince Turki Al Faisal bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud, Chairman of the Board, King Faisal Center for Research and Islamic Studies
- James Scriven, Chief Executive Officer, Inter-American Investment Corporation (IIC)
- Jin Liqun, President, Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
- John Kerry, Former United States Secretary of State
- Joseph Stiglitz, Nobel Laureate and Professor, Columbia University
- Jurgen Stock, Secretary General, INTERPOL
- Kathy Calvin, President and CEO, United Nations Foundation
- Kito de Boer, Head of Mission, Office of the Quartet
- Lord Malloch-Brown, Chair, Business and Sustainable Development Commission
- Sir Martin Sorrell, Chief Executive Officer, WPP
- Meng Zhenping, President, State Power Investment Corporation
- Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Former Finance Minister of Nigeria and Chair of the Board, GAVI
- President Olusegun Obasanjo, former President of Nigeria
- Ouided Bouchamaoui, President, Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade and Handicrafts (UTICA)
- Paul Krugman, Columnist, New York Times
- Sir Richard Branson, Founder, Virgin Group
- Prof. Dr. Surakiart Sathirathai, Former Deputy Prime Minister of Thailand and President, Asian Society of International Law
- Trevor Manuel, Former Minister of Finance, South Africa
Scaling Impact Investing
Concurrent with the 72nd session of the United Nations General Assembly, Abraaj co-hosted a forum on Scaling Impact Investing with Bank of America Merrill Lynch and the Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) on 18 September 2017 in New York City.
This invitation-only event brought together over 400 business leaders, institutional investors, foundations, policymakers, and other key stakeholders to discuss the critical role private capital plays in advancing the UN Sustainable Development Goals, and how we can collectively take impact investing to scale.
Click here to learn more.
Abraaj Global Growth Markets Forum
The Abraaj Global Growth Markets Forum held across several major cities annually gathers industry leaders and investors for a one day stimulating dialogue on investing in growth markets. Exploring the opportunities and risks of investing in emerging markets, the discussions focus on the role of these markets in a LP’s portfolio, tradeoffs between public and private markets, and ways to create value and grow successful businesses in these markets.